PAK TEA HOUSE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAK TEA HOUSE

A FORUM FOR THE COMMON MEN SHARING IDEAS

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SAB SEY PEHLAY PAKISTAN

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-12-14

SAB SEY PEHLAY PAKISTAN Empty
PostSubject: SAB SEY PEHLAY PAKISTAN   SAB SEY PEHLAY PAKISTAN Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 7:01 pm

SAB SAY PEHLAY PAKISTAN

To: Dr. Iqbal

SAB SAY PEHLAY PAKISTAN

(First and Foremost is Pakistan i.e. the National Interests)

Col Bakhtiar Hakeem, Pakistan Think Tank Distinguished Scholar and Thought Leader

Let me write back to Dr Allama Muhammad Iqbal today. He had vision, objectivity and the ability to move and motivate a whole sub-continent, He, could goad, men like Muhammad All Jinnah into leadership and be his follower, Later each remained proud to be each other's follower. Iqbal had the insight of a true philosopher. All and sundry acknowledge it. As a political thinker he could draw the parameters of an independent state as early as 1930. This was the end of the most troubled decades for the Muslims of India. Khilafat Movement had failed. Hindu extremist parties like Arya Samaj, S'hudhhi and Sanghthan were resurging. It was then; he proposed creation of an independent Muslim state or states going by the cannons of real politik. He wrote a great deal for us. Since he could write and 1 cannot. 1 has him. It is one of his chosen a pearl out of many pearls of wisdom from poem titled. Why am I doing it? Even Dr. Iqbal, failed to make it clear what comes, first. Or at least his message could not reach the government of Pakistan in year 2001. Or may be the shock of fall of two buildings in New York was too strong for the memory of those in power. Somehow the identity was lost, if not completely damaged; some serious damage was done to the raison de etre. What, am I? First of all, is my identity based on ethnic grouping, racial background, sect, division or language, or is it based on my being native or an immigrant. I am sure I can not write the way he did. So all I ask him is to review, revise and amend this poem. In his poem, as shown below, he traced the dictates of 20th Century, on political thoughts leading to the notion of nationalism; which in turn led to the political divide and the world witnessed the two world wars.

Dr. Iqbal, please take one of the two choices:

One: Clarify to present leadership and men in government as to who we are? Pakistani first or Muslim first; which is our true identity? And also, please educate and convince the leadership of PONM and MQM on the same issue. For they also need to know who they are...

Two: Change the title of this poem to Sub Say Pehlay Pakistan and make necessary changes to its contents. It is your poem and it is your country, so you can only make the changes. I cannot do it, Dr. Iqbal I am helpless. I am too weak in Urdu. I cannot add amendments to your poem. Please Dr. Iqbal, I beg you. Pick either of the two choices.

Nationalism has been equated to birth and creation of a new god. Muslim are worshipping this deity, knowing or unknowingly. The tragedy is that Muslims have also reshaped and reconstructed their point of focus, which used to be Kaaba. And whatsoever is the paradigm of this modernity under its new god i.e. nationalism, is the death rattle of religion, the divine religion.
Back to top Go down
https://pakteahouse.rpg-board.net

SAB SEY PEHLAY PAKISTAN
Page 1 of 1